Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Well, I guess it's on

I was going to post a comment about how Wisconsin's economy continued to beat the national trends, as the January unemployment numbers came out showing another 6,200 jobs created in Wisconsin for January and an unemployment rate down to 7.4%.

I was going to add that the same report showed a state government job LOSS of 3,600 seasonally-adjusted jobs, which illustrated once again that Scott Walker's threat of layoffs was empty bullshit, and an indication of how limited his administration was in not simply taking the attrition losses to get major savings in the budget.

I was going to mention that today is the 2-year anniversary of the S&P's low point after the crash that followed the financial crisis- it closed at 676.53. Today's S&P close? 1320.02, a nice 95% runup (has your pay gone up 95%? NOOO?). Neither of these things look too bad for an anti-business president and a failed stimulus, eh?

And then the WisGOPs in the Senate give a no-notice, probably illegal vote, and give themselves the nuclear option by trying to eliminate collective bargaining. It's shocking and gutless, and I'm amazed that the GOP just decided to self-destruct because....it sounds good on WTMJ?

I didn't think these dimwits at WisGOP could top themselves in incompetence and bubble-thinking, and boy was I wrong. I guess it's on, now.

No comments:

Post a Comment