Thursday, December 31, 2015

Badgers play classy in San Diego



That was a great win, and yes, I was up for all of it past 1am (at a bar with friends, as I didn't want to wake my wife). I've ripped Joel Stave in the past for inconsistency or turnovers, but there was none of that last night. Stave was very accurate, had zero turnovers, and Badgers outplayed USC up front, especially on defense. Really strong effort from a tough group of guys who overachieved to win 10 games, given all the injuries and youth this team had. This team feels like it's in a stable, strong situation long-term, and that's a lot more than I can say about where it was last December (even before Andersen left as head coach).

I just wish the WisGOP politicians I see Tweeting out support for the Badgers' athletic success felt the same desire to support the very university that makes Badger sports possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment