Thursday, January 18, 2018

10 years in, time for a new name

Just realized that yesterday marks the 10-year anniversary of me sitting in a Madison apartment, casually clicking on a Google search after a couple of beers, and ended up with this site.

As part of that, I came up with Word Salad of "Jake's Economic TA Funhouse." I had just landed a TA position for my last semester in grad school, and so I figured I'd throw that in there. If you click back to the posts in that first year, you'll see there are very few posts and about half of them are sports-related, although more come in as the economy collapsed in late 2008. And then things changed in the 2010s, and it's evolved into what you see today.

But as someone pointed out, having the "Economic TA" part in the title isn't really representative of what my job is today, or what this blog is today. So you'll see that this is now titled Jake's Wisconsin Funhouse, and a few of my subtitles and other things have been modified.

So no, your eyes are not deceiving you, and the top of the page is a little different. But otherwise, it should be the same.

1 comment:

  1. Wish you well and God bless the work you've done. My experience in life has involved a lot of education, yet that schooling has not so far been in synch with economic opportunity where we live.

    I hope we can get back to a place where the economy serves the people, rather than the people serve the economy (and the rich get richer while the poor get poorer).

    Cheers for the future, and the more information out there about GOP schemes will lesson their chances of controlling politics in WI and America in the future.

    ReplyDelete