Monday, September 8, 2014

Departing thoughts from Vegas

This has been one helluva weekend. Hanging with friends from multiple states, seeing more of the city than I'm used to (Fremont Street and "old Vegas" has gotten a hell of a modernizing facelift in recent years), and the vibes were very good. Yes, it cost some cash, but it was well worth it, as Vegas usually is to me.

It also loosened me up a bit. With how heated and negative things have been in Wisconsin, it's been carrying over to other aspects of life. Although some of that may be due to the fact that I had less idle time here on "vacation" than I usually do at home. Of course, I also had to pay a lot of money to do that, and can't repeat that more than once or twice a year, but maybe I can take something from it. :)

Lastly, my football bets were awful. I went 1-9-1 between college and pro. And some of the beats were brutal

Michigan State (+13 against the spread) leads by 9 late in the 3rd Quarter at Oregon, then the Ducks score 28 straight to win by 19, with the last TD coming on 4th down with 90 seconds left

Tennessee is picked to cover by 17, and are up 19 on Arkansas State in the 4th. ASU scores to get within 12, but Vols get into red zone twice in last 6 mins to put the game away. They make 1 FG, miss the other, and win by 15. I lose.

The Steelers (-7) are up 27-3 at the half on the putrid Browns at the half, at home. They proceed to give up 24 straight points, and need a last-second FG to win it 30-27. I lose

The Broncos (-7 when I bet them), blast out to leads of 24-0 and still lead 31-14 going into the 4th quarter at home on the Colts. Then Peyton Manning and company stop playing, Colts come back to make it 31-24, and nearly tie it on their last drive. Only a push, but summed up the evening well.

Now I get on the plane in a few hours and go back to reality. But with a much better approach to dealing with it. Thanks, Vegas

No comments:

Post a Comment